Today's labs and data centers encompass a vast set of devices, technologies and applications. A typical environment may include:
- Physical and virtual servers
- Embedded service processors such as iLO, DRAC, RSA and IPMI
- Network devices such as routers and switches
To provide efficient and effective services and problem resolution, IT administrators need in-band and out-of-band access, power control and a variety of costly point solutions for different technologies, vendors and product generations. This means deploying convenient, fast and secure ways to locate, view, access and control all the devices in your server rooms and data centers.
What is DCIM?
DCIM is a data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software solution that provides powerful and intelligent tools for automation. DCIM was designed from the ground up by data center professionals to provide you with broad and deep visibility into your operations. It allows you to plan for growth and change by optimizing your current operations, assets and infrastructure.
With DCIM, you can maintain accurate views across your entire data center, including servers, blades, virtual servers, applications, data networks, IP addressing space and network cabling. It also provides real-time views of power consumption and heat dissipation, raised floor space and rack elevations.
Isolating potential problems is fast and easy DCIM asset management software. End-to-end power and data circuits can be visually and accurately traced while identifying all intermediate circuit points.
DCIM offers a feature-rich, easy-to-use and intuitive user interface loaded with visualization tools. Significant design effort was directed towards ensuring that all inter-related tasks are executed from a single screen. Built-in intelligence, rules and automation of common tasks greatly enhance the user experience, reducing your workload.
By using DCIM workflow and change management, you are better able to enforce best practices across the enterprise and meet ITIL framework guidelines. The result is a single version of the truth of all your data center assets that enables you to direct your finite resources towards proactive management.
DCIM brochure Monitoring wireless sensor brochure
- dcTrack offers the simplest licensing of any software in its class. It is based only on the power and network ports defined in the system.
- dcTrack’s licensing model allows anyone from anywhere within the licensee environment to manage any number of data centers.
- Most common inter-related tasks are performed from one screen.
- Creating new items is quick and easy. The integration with AutoCAD® makes creating and positioning of a new cabinet on the floor map fast and easy.
- Visualization tools are informative and intuitive for technical users and executives alike.
- Finding logical and physical relationships and dependencies are just a few clicks away.
- dcTrack was designed from the ground up to support modern data centers.
- dcTrack is unique in its class for support of virtual servers, blade servers and true IP address space management.
- dcTrack is also unique in its ability to track power and sum up loads across all three phases of all power sources.